AL/MS GOP PRIMARY ELECTION ANALYSIS: Surge of Santorum, Tea Party, and the Culture War- Category:Christian_Conservative_News
Surging Santorum once again shocked the poltical world by winning both the Alabama and Mississipipi GOP Primaries on a shoestring budget.
AL/MS GOP PRIMARY ELECTION ANALYSIS: Surge of Santorum, Tea Party, and the Culture War
Mitt "Scorched Earth" Romney finished in 3rd place even after outspending Santorum by about 10 to one in a highly negative ad campaign.
The following is some analysis from political, cultural, religious and economic analyst Steve Johnston who holds a Juris Doctorate from Western State University of Law and a Theological degree from Calvary Chapel School of Ministry. Steve is also the author of The Tea Party Culture War. He offers the following talking points on the Santorum GOP Primary victories in Alabama, and Mississippi and a forward look toward the General Election in November.
The talking points are in the form of guest interview information since Steve is currently being represented by Special Guests, Inc. on a Talk Show tour promoting his book.
1. MOMENTUM GOES TO SANTORUM: Mitt Romney has been outspending Santorum 10 to 1—and with negative ads to boot! Now with twin victories in Alabama and Mississippi Santorum will have money and the wind at his back, leading to a possible sweep of a large part of the South.
2. RICK SANTORUM is right. God made man to have dominion over the fish, birds and creeping things, an outlook that wasn’t lost on AL/MS Primary voters, 75%of whom consider themselves evangelical or born again Christians, according to exit polls.
3. BROKERED CONVENTION: Mitt Romney needs to obtain 1,144 delegates out of 2,286. Without a majority of the delegates the August Republican Convention in Tampa, will be a brokered convention requiring another vote. Delegates, previously legally bound to Romney or Gingrich will be free to switch to Santorum.
4. TEA PARTY WINNING COALITION: Many believe the Republican Party will need Marco Rubio (irrespective of the definition of ‘natural born citizen’) as vice president to capture the Hispanic vote in the swing states of Florida, New Mexico, and Nevada.
5. A SANTORUM CABINET: Santorum could offer Gingrich Secretary of State and the opportunity to vet Supreme Court appointments. Santorum should offer Ron Paul his pick of chairman of the Federal Reserve and guaranteed budget cutting. If this is done quickly, and Gingrich and/or Paul drop out, Santorum will receive a huge number of additional voters.
GENERAL ELECTION TALKING POINTS:
1. DRILL BABY DRILL!!!!! The price of gasoline will be $5 a gallon by the summer of 2012. If Israel attacks Iran’s nuclear facilities it could be $10 a gallon!
2. RUSH LIMBAUGH: “The Culture War is a war of competing ideas or worldviews.” Obama has the wrong worldview. Prairie Chickens, Spotted Owls, sagebrush lizards, and carbon emissions are not as important as the price of gas to go to work, and generating federal oil revenues to pay down the national debt and reverse the annual trade deficit.
3. OBAMA’S APPROVAL RATINGS ARE PLUMMETING: The voting public is less concerned about the oceans rising and global warming, and more concerned with jobs and the price of food, and gasoline.
4. WILD CARD: War against Iran by Israel and/or the United States. Geopolitical, economic, military and religious analysis.
ABOUT STEVE’S BOOK, “THE TEA PARTY CULTURE WAR”…
America stands at a crossroads: culturally, economically, and politically. Enter The Tea Party Movement, whose focus is primarily fiscal conservatism, government accountability, and reduced taxation.
Currently, America suffers from a clash of worldviews, but the issue is much deeper than politics; it is ultimately a spiritual battle between good and evil. For the sake of generations to come, we need to win this war. We need to take action to defend our beliefs. We need to take the right road.
Excerpt from Book:
America stands at a crossroads—culturally, economically, politically, and spiritually. Our direction will ultimately be determined by our elected leaders. In particular, the 2012 presidential election represents a fight for America to decide whether our nation will become a godless socialist country or an economically sound one, based on traditional biblical values.
Enter The Tea Party Movement—an anti-tax protest movement at its heart, the Tea Party Movement’s focus is primarily fiscal conservatism, government accountability, and reduced taxation. Originating in early 2009, the movement has been most visible through a series of Tea Party rallies, which have occurred since early 2009.
A Clash of Worldviews—we all have a worldview, a set of presuppositions and belief used to interpret and form opinions about the purpose of life, social issues, and moral standards. The Tea Party Movement cannot win the cultural war if we do not recognize the root problem as a spiritual battle between good and evil. The issue is deeper than politics and economics. For the sake of our children and the generations to come, we need to win this war. We need to take action to defend our beliefs. We need to take the right road.
ABOUT STEVE JOHNSTON:
A long-time resident of California, author and economist, Steve Johnston, B.S., J.D., earned a Juris Doctorate degree from Western State University of Law and a Theological degree from Calvary Chapel School of Ministry.
He is the author of The Tea Party Culture War (WinePress, 2011) which Mr. Johnston describes as a systematic manifesto of the Tea Party Movement. Steve is also the author of When Is Judgment Day? (Anomalos, 2008).
Mr. Johnston has over 20 years experience in prison ministry and Bible teaching, and has served as a chaplain in Orange County and Los Angeles jails as well as Pelican Bay, a California maximum security prison.
Mr. Johnston and his wife of 38 years divide their time between homes in Palm Desert, California and Brookings, Oregon. They have one adult daughter and one granddaughter.
Back to Web Today
Support Our Troops
We ask that you help in whatever way you can to SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.
Please visit one of the links
below to see how you can help out. Our military men & women and
their families appreciate your support in any way possible.Show
them you care.
Any Soldier Inc.